A few years ago I remember being shown a bunch of video’s from Tipp ex. Yes the correction fluid that stinks.
It was a viral video called ” A hunter shoots a bear.” Basically you it would lead you too a certain point in a story and you would get to finish the story on your own, it was one of the best pieces of content marketing I’ve seen, and was really ahead of it’s time.
It’s had over 46 million views, and I would go as far as saying it was ground breaking. I can’t find the original but luckily somebody screenshot the footage here:
This is what it achieved:
- Sales in 2011 versus 2010 : +35%.
- In 100 days:The Tipp-ex YouTube channel saw well over +35.5 million views.
- Average brand exposure for Tipp Ex in that 100 day period was 5 minutes.
- The tipp experience was viewed in 217 countries.
- Tweets: 220,000.likes and comments on Facebook: +1 million.
- Coverage in over 60,000 online articles..
I’m on a quest to find better content marketing examples than this, so if you see any, submit them on my contact page!